Diabetic Issues – Types, Causes, Symptoms, Treatments and Prevention

September 17, 2010 by In The News  
Filed under Internet Marketing Orlando

Diabetes Mellitus, also called DM consists of two main types, simply called Type 1 and Type two diabetic issues.

We ought to take a moment to define the two types.

Type one diabetes, in fundamental terms, occurs when the pancreas stops producing insulin, or stops producing insulin in sufficient quantities to regulate the blood’s glucose level
Kind 2 diabetic issues differs from Type 1, in that the pancreas still secretes insulin, but the body, would be to varying degrees, unable to utilize the insulin to correctly regulate glucose levels within the blood. Occasionally referred to as insulin resistance, the entire body tries to compensate by secreting ever-increasing amounts of insulin. When the point is reached that the pancreas fails to secrete enough insulin to overcome the body’s resistance, you’ve the onset of Type 2 diabetic issues.

Kind two diabetic issues represent roughly 90% of DM sufferers, using the remaining 10% suffering from Kind 1 diabetes.

The etiology (cause) of Kind 1 diabetes is thought to be an autoimmune illness. The body’s immune system actually attacks and destroys the cells in the pancreas that produce insulin. This autoimmune response might be hereditary, although the available data points to the genetic factor being much more profound in Kind 2 diabetic issues. One thing is certain, Type one diabetes occurs with greater frequency in people of Northern European descent, particularly Finland and Sardinia. It is relatively rare in individuals of Asian descent. Also worth noting is the fact that it’s slightly more prevalent in men.

The etiology of Kind two diabetes is more complex. Certainly genetic factors are extremely substantial, and genetics may explain the existence of the body’s insulin resistance. You will find a multitude of other factors associated with the onset of Type two diabetic issues and they include, high blood pressure, high blood triglyceride levels, gestational diabetes (giving birth to a baby weighing much more than 9 pounds), higher fat diets, higher alcohol intake, sedentary lifestyle, obesity and advancing age.

Symptoms typical to both Kind one and Kind 2 diabetes consist of, unexplained weight loss, excessive urination, fatigue, excessive thirst, blurry vision, infections, slow wound healing and excessive food intake.

In conclusion, we will examine obtainable treatments for each kind of DM.

Kind 1 DM is treated primarily with insulin injections. Insulin cannot be taken orally. Patients usually inject themselves or at the very least, know how to inject themselves. These injections are usually a combination of short and long acting insulin kinds. A healthy diet plan and regular physical exercise are essential components of treatment as well.

Treatment of Kind two DM is more challenging in many methods. Initially the physician may try to bring the disease under manage through a strict diet and physical exercise regimen, particularly if the patient is overweight.

If this fails, the physician will add oral medication to the regimen, typically a sulfonylurea or biguanide.
Finally, insulin injections in conjunction with oral medications might be the only means to bring the patient’s DM under control.

There is currently no means of preventing Kind one diabetic issues, which is 10% of DM cases. Nevertheless, Kind 2 diabetes might be prevented and this is very substantial because 90% of DM patients suffer Type 2 diabetic issues.

Some proven preventative measures include, maintaining an appropriate weight to height ratio, eating a low-fat, high fiber diet plan, exercising frequently, quitting smoking, and taking correct care of existing medical conditions.

Winston P. McDonald enjoys writing for Uniformhaven.com which sells cherokee scrubs, baby phat scrubs and urbane scrubs as well as a host of additional products.

Bright Internet Marketing News Bright Internet Marketing Ideas
Enter Google AdSense Code Here

Comments

One Response to “Diabetic Issues – Types, Causes, Symptoms, Treatments and Prevention”

  1. Ramberg Media Group - The News Platform on September 17th, 2010 8:03 am

    Engauge Wins Two SAMMY Awards for Chick-fil-A Social Media Campaigns…

    We loved your article, so we included it over at RMG, since we found our readers might find your site of interest….

Feel free to leave a comment...
and oh, if you want a pic to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!





    Orlando Internet Marketing & Online Internet Advertising